For seven years, Visible Men Academy has rented space from a church and leased mobile classrooms to accommodate its student and family programs. We are grateful for these facilities, but the space creates limitations to whom we could serve and how we could serve our students and our community. It is past time that these students and the community had a home. Planning is well underway to create a new schoolhouse: a forever home that will provide the necessary learning spaces, instructional infrastructure and community gathering spaces to meet student, family and faculty needs. This facility is necessary to furthering the mission of Visible Men Academy and to providing a bridge to sharing this program on a national scale.
We are in the early stages of a capital campaign to fund the schoolhouse, a professional development center and an endowment to secure its long-term future.
- We have secured professional support for a campaign planning study, architectural design, builders, legal counsel and campaign strategy and execution.
- We are currently finalizing design, budgets and the campaign plan.
- We are actively cultivating campaign leadership.
- We have secured our first $1,000,000 commitment.
- We are worthy of philanthropic investment having exhibited strong and consistent moral and academic student growth with a 2Gen program that has established VMA as a true community resource.
- We can wait no longer.
To learn more about partnering with us, please contact Turk Lewis: email@example.com 516.639.3298.